02 October 2013

Salted Caramel

I don’t even know when salted caramel started being a thing, but I’m so glad it’s happening right now and that I got into the trend early enough so that years from now I can look back fondly and say, “I was there.”

I don’t know enough about salt, caramel, or salted caramel to really comment too deeply on this, but it’s relevant to the previous burger disaster because the free milkshake we received was chocolate and salted caramel, and it really helped to remind me that there’s still beauty in this world.

Do you guys even know how good salted caramel is?  It is so good.  My mum sent two of those big bars of President’s Chocolate last year for Christmas, and one of them was salted caramel.  First of all, I really love those President’s Choice chocolate bars.  I think the packaging is really nice, but I’ve also never been disappointed with the quality.  I like the dark chocolate because it’s dark without being too dark, and I really like the milk chocolate and hazelnut, although I don’t eat it as often because milk chocolate can be a lot to take in sometimes.  Anyway, one of the bars was just the run-of-the-mill dark chocolate, but the other one was this salted caramel bar.  When I saw it I thought, no, I’m not going to eat this. If eating one of those Nature’s Valley granola bars has taught me anything, it’s that I don’t like sweet and salty together.

But in a fit of desperation for something sweet, I did try it, and I’ve never looked back.  Since then the only salted caramel product I’ve had is ice cream, and it’s even better than the PC chocolate bar.  By the way, the salted caramel flavour for PC chocolate bars might be only seasonal, and might only be in B.C. — at least it wasn’t available in Montreal last year at Christmas (although that’s hardly surprising because a lot of things aren’t available in Quebec).

How else to wash down a disgusting patty of raw beef
Than with a salty-caramel milkshake digestif?

No comments:

Post a Comment