24 January 2013

The Hiatus

As some of my more avid readers may have noticed, I recently enjoyed a 2+ month hiatus from blogging about food I don't like. This hiatus was inexplicable even to myself. Although there is an endless supply of topics from which I could draw on, it was as if I had lost my passion for trying to explain why it is I won't eat certain foods.

I tried, on multiple occasions, to write new posts on plums, Christmas dinner, and buns (all of which will hopefully be forthcoming at some point), but I didn't feel the same intensity that I had felt when writing the posts on eggplants, eggs, or salad, and so they never came to fruition. I have just finished a piece on bison burgers--which I will post immediately following this--but in all honesty, it was a struggle to write and the end result leaves a lot to be desired.

My recent struggles with writing make me question whether or not this blog was the right decision for me, and whether or not I will ever achieve my dream of compiling a nearly exhaustive manuscript that documents my eating habits. Both seem unlikely, but at any rate, I shall leave you with these fragments I have shored against my ruins.

No comments:

Post a Comment