30 September 2012

Turkish Delight

While wintering in southern France, I attended a Turkish film festival. I tried a piece of Turkish delight, partly to be polite and partly because I assumed any food with the word “delight” in its name could be nothing short of delightful. (Although admittedly the "Turkish" part should have tipped me off.)

I immediately puked in my mouth, and the vomit tasted so much better than the Turkish delight that I was actually able to swallow it. Fool me once, Turkish delight, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I will never make that mistake again.
According to Wikipedia, Turkish delight is "a
family of confections based on a gel of starch
and sugar." Please. I like my starch pure.
 Do not go gentle into that Turkish delight
But rage, rage against the urge to bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment